PAGES

>TO UPHOLD BAHASA MALAYSIA AND TO STRENGTHEN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE<

STANDARD ISSUE

CHECK IT OUT!

Much has been said about the decline of the standard of English in Malaysia.
Ironically, who could possibly deny that Malaysians are fluent in spoken English?

The fact is, most Malaysian especially students cannot speak English because they don't or can't read. Having a rich store of vocabulary and using it daily is important.

Therefore, reading helps them appreciate the beauty and richness of the language.
I am not saying that my English is good because I am an English teacher! I have lots to learn.
But I must say that reading really helps! As an English teacher, I need to speak and teach my student confidently to impress my students.

Yet, the ability to converse well in language is very different from the ability to write a good essay in English!

Tiada ulasan: